did it really happen? Tybee island contest
Hey, do you think you can guess which events really happened and which ones are just made up? You do? Then you’ll want to enter this cool contest! Every person who correctly guesses at least 15 of the questions will win a new Bitsy Mystery bookmarkÂ and will get their names listed in Bitsyâ€™s Hall of Fame!
You’ll see the events listed below. Just e-mail your answers by numbering 1 through 20 and put “Yes” if you think it really happened and “No” if you don’t think it really happened. Remember, it didn’t have to happen to me–I just might know someone that it happened to. The important thing is–did it happen in real life to somebody I know?
Don’t forget to ask your parents if it’s OK to enter. You should never send an e-mail to someone you don’t know–not even me–without asking your parents. Oh, and please just enter this contest one time so everybody gets an equal chance, OK? Thanks! Here goes!
- Do you think the rat running up Mrs. Burroughs’ back really happened to someone I know?
- Did my daddy really invent a suntan lotion that we tested at Tybee Island?
- Did we really find a secret message in Battery Backus?
- Did a veterinarian really deliver my baby brother?
- Did my family use the word, “Grief!” when we were frustrated?
- Did my mother really want four girls so we could sing on TV?
- Did someone I know bury a Great Dane dog in their backyard?
- Was Blackbeard the Pirate really on Tybee Island?
- Did someone really dig up a skeleton in a sand dune at Tybee Island?
- Was the cabin we stayed in really the officers’ latrine of Fort Screven?
- Was I really kidnapped when I was a kid?
- Did my daddy really hide bubble gum balls in a box under the crib?
- Did a real person I know follow bubble gum balls to something important?
- Do I really have Cherokee Indian in my heritage?
- Did we really rent a cabin at Tybee Island from a friend?
- Did we have to eat honey buns and fatback when I was a kid?
- Did someone rob Williams Seafood Restaurant?
- Did a barge really hit the bridge to Tybee Island?
- Did I really get in trouble for painting on the wall of Battery Backus?
- Through the years, have people really used the Pole Star to find their direction?
Well, there they are–twenty things that may or may not have happened. Let me know what you think and, if you answer 15 of the questions correctly, you’ll win!
Send your answers to me through my Contact Page. Donâ€™t forget to get your parentâ€™s permission first!