(Vonda here: I’m sorry for the delay in today’s post. My internet has been down since yesterday and I’m just now up and running again. Hope like all the opportunities I found for you!)
Hello, Christian Writer’s Den friends! This is our big opportunities issue, so let’s see if we can help you get published! Let’s start with writing opportunities compiled just for you!
1.Â Miraculous Answers to Prayer anthology
This new anthology by James Stuart Bell is looking for your stories. Here are the Miraculous Answers to Prayer Guidelines. But you must hurry–Deadline is now December 1, 2015.
2.Â Adoptive Families Magazine
Adoptive Families is the leading information resource for families before, during, and after adoption.
3.Â Blue Mountain Arts Greeting Cards
Seeks contemporary prose or poetry written from personal experience that reflects the thoughts and feelings people today want to communicate to one another, but donâ€™t always know how to put into words. Does not need rhymed poetry, religious verse, one-liners or humor. Pays $300 for all rights and $50 for one-time rights for a book use.
4.Â Colorado Central Magazine
To put our guidelines in a nutshell: We publish material we like to read about the area we live in. Weâ€™re not interested in it if itâ€™s routine and boring, or if itâ€™s not about this area. We serve Central Colorado and the San Luis Valley. On a map, thatâ€™s a swath from Leadville and Fairplay south to the New Mexico line. Itâ€™s the counties of Alamosa, Chaffee, Conejos, Costilla, Custer, Lake, Mineral, Rio Grande, and Saguache, along with the adjacent parts of Fremont, Gunnison, Huerfano and Park counties.
5.Â Eating Well Magazine
EatingWell is the only national food magazine that focuses exclusively on eating healthfully (our motto: â€śWhere Good Taste Meets Good Healthâ€ť). We are the preeminent magazine resource for people who want to enjoy food that is delicious and good for them.
6.Â Alaska Magazine Submission Guidelines for Freelance Writers
7.Â The Cattleman Magazine â€“ Guidelines for Writing for The Cattleman
8.Â Better Homes and Gardens writers guidelines
9.Â Backpacker Magazine guidelines
10. Southern Writers Magazine guidelines
Remember to follow the guidelines carefully and then let us celebrate with you when you have a publication!
If you’re serious about writing and/or speaking, you’ll be serious about attending conferences. Here are some awesome conferences you don’t want to miss!
1. Weekend with the Writers: January 29-30, 2016, Greenville, SC
2. Writers Advance Boot Camp: February 19-21, 2016, Asheville, NC Scholarship deadline October 31, 2015 (I’ll see you there!)
3. Florida Christian Writers Conference: February 24-28, 2016, Leesburg, FL
4. Carolina Christian Writers Conference: March 11-12, 2016, Spartanburg, SC
5. Mount Hermon Christian Writers Conference: March 18-22, 2016, Mount Hermon, CA
6. Mid-South Christian Writers Conference: March 19, 2016, Colliersville, TN
7. American Christian Writers Mentoring Retreats begin in April: Various locations and dates
8. Write2Ignite for Writers of Children’s Literature: April 1-2, 2016, Tigerville, SC
9. Colorado Christian Writers Conference: May 11-14, 2016, Estes Park, CO
10. Northwest Christian Writers Renewal: May 13-14, 2016, Redmond, WA
11. Blue Ridge Mountains Christian Writers Conference: May 22-26, 2016, Ridgecrest, NC (I’ll see you there! Watch for details coming soon!)
12. Write to Publish: June 8-11, 2016, Chicago area
13. West Virginia Writers Conference: June 10-12, 2016, Ripley, WV
14. New England Christian Writers Retreat: June 17-19, 2016, Hamilton, MA
15. Christian Communicators Conference: Hold the date! August 24-28, 2016, The Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove, Asheville, NC. Registration will open in early spring. (Iâ€™ll see you there!)
16. St. David’s Christian Writers Conference: June 22-26, 2016, Grove City, PA
And here are some writing contests you’ll want to look into…
1.Â The Amy Awards for Christian-related pieces published in secular publications. Deadline January 15, 2016
2.Â Fresh Voices Writing Contest is now open for submissions – Deadline December 31, 2015
3.Â Writerâ€™s Digest Short Short Story Contest â€“ Deadline December 14, 2015
4.Â The Anagram Holiday Short Fiction Contest – Deadline December 19, 2015
5.Â NeoVerse Short Story Writing Competition – Deadline December 20, 2015
Need some help with your Christmas list? I can help!
Yep, it’s time for my buy-one-get-one-half-price Christmas sale! That’s right, buy any product in my store and you’ll get the second item for half-price!
But here’s the catch: You’ll need to order it directly from me by email, or PayPal will charge you the full price! So, head on over to my store and decide what you’d like and who you’d like to have it personalize it to, and then contact me with your order. I’ll get in touch and you can either pay by check or by credit card. DO NOT ORDER THROUGH REGULAR PAYPAL or you won’t get the discount!
Whether you need downloadable writing workshops or books for kids or women, this sale is for you!
So that should keep you busy for a while. Don’t forget to let us know when you get that publication. We’ll want to celebrate with you.
Read entire post »