Laughing Jesus by Robert Wilson, Sr.
Several years ago, God convicted me of some things that, to this day, I must continually check my spirit about. I’m not talking about those things that are overtly apparent to the world, but those secret things that others aren’t always aware of. If I’m not walking in the Spirit and listening to His voice, those secret sins can sneak in before I know it.
As a Christian, it’s easy to guard my mouth against foul language…because that’s not something embedded into my spirit. I don’t worry that I’ll rob a bank…because that’s just not something I’m likely to do. I’m not too concerned that I’ll abuse a kid or commit murder or steal my neighbor’s car.
No, the things I have to monitor in life are my thoughts and attitude. Do I hear an amen?
Let’s face it, life isn’t fair, and if I’m not careful, my fleshly woman can stand up and take over, to the point I want everyone to know just how unfair things are.
- She’s best friends with the judge. No wonder she got that award.
- Look at them talking. I bet they’re saying bad things about me.
- Why didn’t I get an invitation to that party?
- Doesn’t he realize all the stuff I do for him?
Yep, I stand here before you, confessing that, left to my own devices, I can be petty and picky and find the worse in everything. Don’t believe me? Just ask those closest to me, those who have to put up with my insecurities and frailties.
But praise God, there’s hope. Praise God I’m NOT left to my own devices. Praise God , because of the Holy Spirit, I’m NOT facing these conflicts alone.
In Philippians, Paul is talking to the church body about a lot of things, much of it centered around the issues of trials, suffering, and the unfairness of life. In Philippians 1, he says:
Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. Philippians 1:27a
- Overlooked by the judging committee? Conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ.
- Left out of conversation and suspecting you’re the subject? Conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ.
- Left out of the party? Conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ.
- Feeling unappreciated? Conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ.
Whatever happens, I pray I’ll conduct myself in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ…because He is the source of my worth.
I pray God’s blessing on the work of your hands and your hearts,
Read entire post »