Happy 3rd Tuesday to you, dear friends! Let’s start with a list of writing opportunities and contests selected just for you!
1.Â CBH Ministries Keys for Kids teaches children about Godâ€™s love and His Word. Keys for Kids Writerâ€™s Guidelines here.
2.Â Catholic Sentinel looking for Oregon-focused articles of interest to local Catholics.
3.Â Creation Illustrated is the â€śleading Bible-based nature journalâ€ť and is looking for writers and photographers. Creation Illustrated Submission Guidelines here.
4.Â Escapees Magazine is looking for articles of interest to RVers who live the RV lifestyle. Escapees Magazine writing guidelines here.
5.Â Eldridge Plays and Musicals submission guidelinesÂ
6.Â Writers Weekly.com wants articles on how to make money writing. Do not send â€śhow to writeâ€ť articles. Writers Weekend guidelines here.
7.Â Bead&Button Magazine is a bimonthly magazine devoted to techniques, projects, and designs of beaded jewelry and accessories. Bead&Button Submission Guidelines here.
8.Â Womanâ€™s Day magazine accepts articles from very experienced writers. Womanâ€™s Day writerâ€™s guidelines here.
9.Â Guide Magazine: Guide is a Christian story magazine for young people ages 10-14. The 32-page, four-color publication is published weekly by the Review and Herald Publishing Association. Our mission is to show readers, through stories that illustrate Bible truth, how to walk with God now and forever. Guide Magazine Writerâ€™s Guidelines here.
10. Shotgun Sports magazine writers must have first hand knowledge of hunting, trapshooting, or collecting or repairing guns
11. The Kidsâ€™ Ark is always looking for great stories for kids. The Kidsâ€™ Ark is a quarterly childrenâ€™s Christian magazine full of the truth about Godâ€™s love. There are many questions kids have growing up: Who am I? Am I loved? Am I worthy? Am I valuable? Think of all the pain that could be avoided in a lifetime if a child knew the answers to these questions at an early age. The Kidsâ€™ Ark Writerâ€™s Guidelines here.
12. Small Farm Today magazineÂ is dedicated to preserving and promoting small farming, rural living, community and agripreneurship. Writing guidelines here.
13. Highlights for Children is a general-interest, advertising-free magazine for children up to age twelve. It was founded in 1946 by Dr. Garry Cleveland Myers and Caroline Clark Myers, and is still owned and run by their family. The magazine has no religious or organizational affiliation. Highlights has a circulation of about two million and is published monthly. Highlights Writerâ€™s Guidelines here.
14. Lerner Publishing Group works with many talented authors and illustrators to create its books for children and young adults. Lerner Books Submission Guidelines here.
15. Writerâ€™s Digest Poetry Awards. Deadline October 31, 2014.
16. Writerâ€™s Digest Short Short Story Contest. Deadline December 15, 2014.
And these two opportunities were submitted by our friend and CCC grad, artist and speaker Cyn Rogalski. Thanks, Cyn!
17. Christian Media Magazine guidelines
18. Moms Magazine submission guidelines
Well, that should keep you busy for a while. Don’t forget to share this with your writing friends!
Â And here are some conferences for writers and speakers. I hope to see you at some of them!
1.Â CLASS Christian Writers Conference: October 23-25, 2014, Albuquerque, NM
2.Â South Carolina Writersâ€™ Workshop: October 24-26, 2014, Myrtle Beach, SC
3.Â Heart of America Christian Writerâ€™s Network Conference: November 6-8, 2014, Overland Park, KS
4.Â Writers ADVANCE Boot Camp: February 20-22, 2015, Asheville, NC
5.Â Florida Christian Writers Conference: February 25-March 1, 2015, Leesburg, FL
6.Â Mid-South Christian Writers Conference: March 7, 2015, Memphis, TN (Iâ€™ll see you there!)
7.Â Write2Ignite Conference for Writers of Childrenâ€™s Literature: March 27-28, 2015, Tigerville, SC (I’ll see you there!)
8. Blue Ridge Mountains Christian Writers Conference: May 17-21, 2015, Ridgecrest, NC (I’ll see you there!)
9. Christian Communicators Conference: Hold the date! August 26-30, 2015, The Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove, Asheville, NC. Registration will open late February. (I’ll see you there!)
Okay, friends, I can’t wait to see the successes that come from your responses to these lists!
Read entire post »