Yep, it’s that time again…Time to help you get published, find a conference and maybe even win Jo Ann’s book!
Here are this month’s writing opportunities, compiled just for you!
1.Â Vista, Light for the World, and Book submission guidelines from the Wesleyan Church
2.Â Jeanne Doyon is looking for Guest Bloggers. Deadline May 1. Click here for guidelines: WANTED Guest Bloggers from Jeanne Doyon
3.Â Weekly Christian Flash Fiction Writing Contest by Pastor and writer Charles W. Short
4.Â Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award is accepting submissions February 16 to March 2, 2014. $50,000 Grand Prize!
5.Â Castle Gate Press, a new publisher, is looking for submissions with a Christian worldview
6.Â Appleseeds Magazine for Kids (Cricket â parent company) is looking for submissions appropriate for kids 6-9
7.Â Free Spirit Publishing accepts non-fiction book and resources on character building, self-esteem, service-building, civics education, and more for children and teens
8.Â Dog Fancy Magazine writers guidelines. One of our Christian Writer’s Den friends just had an article published in this magazine!
9.Â Dollar Stretcher Publications writers guidelines
10. Just 4 Kids Magazine writers guidelines
11. Writer’s Digest Magazine submission guidelines. This is the magazine I insulted Steven James and embarrassed myself about. (And Steven James still likes me, I think!)
12. The Writer Magazine submission guidelines. As far as I know, I haven’t insulted anyone with this magazine.
Well, friends, that should keep you busy for a while. Be sure to let us know if you find success through the writing opps. I sure encourages me to keep working at finding them for you!
We know conferences are THE BEST way to get your training and possibly meet editors and agents, too! So here are the conferences I know about. Feel free to Contact Me with any you’d like for me to add!
1. Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators: February 21-23, New York
2.Â Writers Advance Boot Camp: February 21-23, 2014, Asheville, NC
3.Â Florida Christian Writers Conference: February 26-March 2, 2014, Leesburg, FL (I’m teaching there and would love to see you!)
4.Â Mid-South Christian Writers Conference: March 8, 2014, Memphis, TN
5.Â Carolina Christian Writers Conference: March 13-15, 2014, Spartanburg, SC
6.Â Idahope Writers: March 14-15, 2014, Meridian, ID
7.Â Write2Ignite: March 28-29, 2014, Tigerville, SC
8.Â FAM Fest Film Festival: March 29, 2014, York, SC
9.Â Festival of Faith and Writing: April 10-12, 2014, Grand Rapids, MI
10. Erma Bombeck Writers Workshop: April 10-12, 2014, Dayton, OH
11. Orange County Christian Writers Conference: April 25-26, 2014, Santa Ana, CA
12. Colorado Christian Writers Conference: May 14-17, Estes Park, CO
13. Blue Ridge Mountains Christian Writers Conference: May 19-23, 2014, Ridgecrest, NC
14. Expecting Goodness Short Film Festival: June 14, 2014, York, SC
15. St. David’s Christian Writers’ Conference: June 17-21, Grove City, PA
16. Gideon Media Arts Conference & Film Festival: July 11-15, 2014, Orlando, FL (I’ll be there co-directing the Teen Intern Program again and would love to see you there!)
17. Christian Communicators Conference: August 27-31, 2014, The Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove, Asheville, NC (Registration now open! Hope to see you there!)
18. Breathe Christian Writers Conference: October 10-11, 2014, Grand Rapids, MI
Registration is Now Open for The Christian Communicators Conference for Speakers
Ladies, if you feel called to speak, you don’t want to miss the Christian Communicators Conference at the Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove. Carolyn Knefely and I would love to see you there!
At a Christian Communicators Conference, less truly is more…
By limiting the conference to about 30 ladies, you receive more!
- You won’t be surrounded by hundreds of women . . . but you’llÂ be embraced by thirty who will become lifelong friends
- You won’t experience long lines for dinner . . . but you’ll have long conversations over dessert
- You won’t need change for vending machines . . . but shared stories at afternoon tea can change your life
Come and learn in a small, intimate setting . . .
then go out and change a great big world
Check out the Christian Communicators Conference registration details here. But don’t delay, with only 30 spots, we fill up quickly!
I’m Looking for Teens 16yo-18yo Who are Interested in the Media Arts!
I’m honored to again be a co-director of The Gideon Media Arts Conference and Film Festival Teen Intern Program at this year’s conference, July 11-15, 2014 in Orlando.
If you know a teen interested in acting, directing, screenwriting, singing, songwriting, or anything else related to the media arts, please send them to the Gideon Intern Page for details and application. But they must hurry–Deadline for applications is April 1.
And Finally…Who Won Jo Ann Fore’s Book?
My goodness, I can tell you loved Jo Ann, her book, and her interview! That was one of the highest number of responses ever received. Thank you for your support and encouragement. And now, the winner is…drumroll please…
Congratulations, Kimberly! Just Contact Me with your snail mail address and Jo Ann will have your book right out to you!
And for those who didn’t win, here’s your direct Amazon link to Jo Ann’s amazing book, When A Woman Finds Her Voice: Overcoming Lifeâs Hurts & Using Your Story to Make a Difference.
Okay, friends, that does it for today’s post. Yes, I know it was longer than usual, but that’s because I had so much good stuff to share with you!
Read entire post »