It’s not only Valentine’s Day, but it’s also the 2nd Thursday, and that means it’s time to celebrate your successes!
Congratulations to all these Christian Writer’s Den readers who are working hard and finding success:
1.Â Suzanne Dekock (SC): Suzanne says she has finally ventured out into the social media world with her new health blog, HealthandBlessings. She hopes you’ll check it out!
2.Â Jeanne Doyon (CT): Jeanne has several successes to share today! 1)My article called, A Time to Be Still, has been published on Crosswalk. 2) My article, A New Heart-itude, has been published on Crosswalk.com. 3)Open the Word In Canada has printed my article, How Big is Your God? 4)My article, Going Tandem, was published on Crosswalk.com. 5)Evangel (Light & Life Communications) has published two of myÂ articles. Wow, Jeanne, what a great month you’ve had!
3.Â Tammy Whitehurst (TX): Tammy also has several things to share: 1)I was delighted, overjoyed, and downright over-the-top yesterday as I opened my mailbox and had payment for an article I had written! 2)I was also chosen for a speaking position in Minnesota this year! ( I really must work on my Texas accent though.) 3)This year I have had articles accepted by Christianity Today, Calgary Canada’s City Lights, Mature Years, and Peace Magazine from Bryan Broadcasting.
4.Â Cheryl Barker (KS): I’m thanking God for two articles accepted for publication (don’t yet when they will appear). Evangel accepted “Living to Tell About It,” and The Lutheran Digest accepted “A Surprise from God.”
5.Â Barb Winters (IL): I am thrilled to introduce my new blogsite “In the Midst . . . ” A blog about meeting God and finding hope in the midst of everyday life. From my “About” page: My husband says we are living a story. People observe our lives as if they are reading a book. Each of us can choose to live a story of hope or one of heartache and discouragement. When others read my life I want them to be filled with hope. Life can be hard. But God is good! Itâ€™s when we see Him in the midst of everyday life that we are most content.
6.Â Sally Matheny: My first submission to our local paper was accepted and presented in a two-page layout for the Sunday Spotlight feature. I love interviewing people and sharing their stories–especially when they glorify God. The story about two teen sisters can be found here.
7.Â Lisa J Lickel (WI): Lisa’s new mystery has been released! Meow Mayhem is now available.
8.Â Cyn Rogalski (PA): I’ve accepted a position with Christian Communicators Conference as their CC Connection Coordinator!
9.Â Melanie Wilson (MO): My article, 16 Mistakes Weary Homeschool Moms Make, was published in
The Old Schoolhouse Magazine.
10. Nan Jones (NC): I was chosen as the winner of the Writer’s ADVANCE! Boot Camp Badge of Honor book contest for my book, “If God Be For Me: The Perils of a Pastor’s Wife”. What’s the prize, you ask? I am now an author with Lighthouse Publishers of the Carolinas. Yep! This week I signed and delivered my very first book contract. Thank You Lord. Also, I am a featured author in a devotional titled, “God’s Word for God’s People/ A 2013 Devotional” released in January.
11. Cathy Baker (SC): I’ll have a poem included in an anthology, “Enter the Gateway,” by Torrid Publishing in August 2013.
Congratulations to all these hardworking writers. We celebrate with you!
MoGo7000 Qualifiers for January…Someone’s Gonna Win $100 This Year!
What a joy to announce the first MoGo7000 qualifiers for 2013. These writers wrote at least 7000 new words on a book project and now have an entry into the end-of-the-year drawing for $100!
1.Â Sue Badeau – over 30,000 words
2.Â Marilyn Turk – 9490 words
3.Â Cindy Patterson – 7083 words
These writers are now in the running for $100. Want to join them? It’s not too late to reach your goal for February! Need more info? Check out the MoGo7000 Challenge Page for all the details. Then watch for the call out for word counts the 1st Thursday of February.
And don’t forget, the more months you reach the goal, the more entries you’ll have! Can’t wait to see who qualifies next month!
Drumroll pleaseâ€¦Weâ€™re pleased to announce that your wait is over!
Registration is now open for the 4th Christian Communicators Conference to be held August 28-September 1, 2013 at the Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove in beautiful Asheville, NC.
The dates are set, the expanded faculty is lined up, the new benefits are in place, The Cove is anticipating our return, and Carolyn and I are excited to watch as God brings another amazing group of sisters into the community!
With registration limited to 30 ladies and membership lasting long past the conference, your conference experience is like no other.
As many have said and you may have heard:
Christian Communicators is more than a conferenceâ€¦itâ€™s a community.
Your Christian Communicators experience doesn’t end at the close of Sunday. Instead, you’ll discover it’s just the beginning! After attending CCC, you’ll be part of a vibrant, exciting group of ladies who experience continued promotional and educational opportunities to learn and grow as speakers, writers, and sisters in the Lord.
At a Christian Communicators Conference, less truly is more…
- You won’t be surrounded by hundreds of women…but you’llÂ be embraced by a few who will become lifelong friends
- You won’t experience long lines for dinner…but you’ll have long conversations over dessert
- You won’t need change for vending machines…but shared stories at afternoon tea can change your life
- You won’t find big stages…but you’ll find lots of big hearts
Come and learn in a small, intimate setting…
then go out and change a great big world!
Your all-inclusive package includes everything you need to start or expand your speaking ministry!
How to create and deliver a message? Itâ€™s in there!
How to dress? Itâ€™s in there!
How to promote your ministry and gain new speaking opportunities? Theyâ€™re in there!
Video footage? Yes!
Business formsâ€¦determining your feesâ€¦generating additional incomeâ€¦
Social media trainingâ€¦fine dining etiquetteâ€¦a lovely afternoon tea…
The list goes on and on.
As a participant in this unique conference, you’ll learn how to:
- Discover your ministry focus and mission
- Create compelling messages by including Biblical Truth and your own experiences and stories of life
- Incorporate drama, music, props, and humor into your presentations
- Use the stage to your best advantage
- Dress for the occasion
- Develop the forms, manage the paperwork, and set up an organized system
- Use social networking to share your ministry with others (choice of beginner or intermediate level)
- Get your information into the hands of event planners
- Generate income from a product tableâ€”even if you donâ€™t have a published book!
- Interact professionally with church and business leaders, including protocol and etiquette
- Face your fears and move forward in the call God has placed on your life
Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give
the reason for the hope that you have.Â I Peter 3:15
The Benefits of the Christian Communicators Conference…
CCC’s program package is all-inclusive. You won’t find a more complete program anywhere!
- Lodging for 5 days and 4 nights
- Meals from Wednesday dinner through Sunday lunch
- Snacks, access to the free yogurt bar and cappuccino machines, and continuous coffee and soft drinks
- A lovely afternoon tea, appropriate for tea attire, if desired
- Classes, breakout sessions, and training
- Handouts, notebook, and bag
- Reproducible ministry forms
- Professionally recorded video of your presentation
- Headshot session by professional photographer
- Fine dining etiquette class
- Two additional classes on DVD for continued home study
- Limited registration
- Free airport pick up and return
- Friendship and support from ministry-focused women
- Personal one-hour phone appointment with Carolyn or Vonda after conference
There are no surprise expenses!
This is an exciting week of learning, growing, and hearing from the Lord. But donâ€™t just take our word for it. Check out the Christian Communicators Testimonial Page to hear from some of our graduates. Then we hope you’ll head on over and check out the Registration Details, Schedule, Leadership Team, and Scholarships.
Don’t let another year go by without taking the next step in your speaking journey.
Our prayer is that this week will change your life and equip you to fulfill the plan God has for you!
Please feel free to check out all the details at www.ChristianCommunicators.com, or Contact Me with any questions. I’d love to hear from you.
Read entire post »