It’s the 3rd Tuesday, so it’s time to share some writing opportunities and contests with you!
3.Â Call for anthology submissions: The Binge-Watching Cure. Word counts vary from 100-25,000. Deadline December December 31, 2016.
5.Â Real Simple Magazine’s 9th Annual Life Lessons Essay Contest. Deadline September 19, 2016.
10. Small Farm Today magazineÂ is dedicated to preserving and promoting small farming, rural living, community and agri-preneurship. Writing guidelines here.
12. Relate Magazine: To inspire teen girls to pursue their dreams with confidence and to teach them to be an example for others in their speech, life, love, faith and purity. Topics include design, entertainment, the future in terms of college and jobs, beauty, faith, life, quizzes. Average article is between 300-450 words in length. Sidebar information is also encouraged, as well as graphics, including illustrations, and photographs. Online. See Relevant Magazine writerâ€™s guidelines at bottom of the page here.
Well, that should keep you busy for a while!
Which conference are you or conferences are you planning to attend in the next year? This list should help you decide!
1.Â Atlanta Christian Writers Conference: August 18-20, 2016, Marietta, GA
2.Â Christian Communicators Conference: August 24-28, 2016 The Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove, Asheville, NC.
3.Â American Christian Fiction Writers: August 25-28, 2016, Nashville, TN
4.Â Maranatha Christian Writers Conference: September 29-October 1, 2016, Norton Shores, MI
5.Â Breathe Christian Writers Conference: October 7-8, 2016, Grand Rapids, MI
6.Â Blue Ridge Christian Novelist Retreat:Â October 16-20, 2016, Ridgecrest, NC
7.Â Heart of American Christian Writers Network Conference: October 20-22, 2016, Kansas City
8.Â Classeminars Writers Contreat: November 10-12, 2016, Albuquerque, NM
9.Â Asheville Christian Writers Conference (AKA Writers Advance Boot Camp): February 17-19, 2017, The Cove, Asheville, NC (I’ll see you there!)
10. Carolina Christian Writers Conference: March 10-11, 2017, Spartanburg, SC
11. Blue Lake Christian Writers Conference: March 22-25, 2017, Andalusia, AL
12. Write2Ignite Conference for Writers of Children’s Literature: March 24-25, 2017, Tigerville, SC
13. Mount Hermon Christian Writers Conference:Â April 7-11, 2017, Mount Hermon, CA
14. Blue Ridge Mountains Christian Writers Conference: May 21-15, 2017, Ridgecrest, NC
So there you are, opportunities, contests, and conferences for writers. What’s stopping you from succeeding?