This is the 3rd Tuesday and that means I have lots of writing opportunities for you!
We’ve had lots of Christian Writer’s Den writers find publication through the monthly writing opps and contests. Could this be your month?
As always, remember to check out the publication to discover their voice and slant, and then follow instructions carefully.
Adoptive Families is the leading information resource for families before, during, and after adoption. We want to hear your stories. We encourage you to
share your insights and experiences with other adoptive families. And we’re always looking for great writing.
3.Â BJU Press
Writing opportunities for Christian fiction and biographies for children and teens; Christian nonfiction for adults.
Christian Devotions is always looking for devotions. And they love working with new writers who are willing to learn!
5.Â WritersWeekly.comÂ posts a list of paying markets every week!
6.Â Chicken Soup for the Soul is always looking for writers. Currently looking for poetry and stories about Blended Families, College Students, Dreams, Teachers, The Joy of Christmas, and The Spirit of Canada.
8.Â Women’s Adventure Magazine is no longer a paying print market, but it’s open to submissions that can build your resume!
9.Â Homeschooling Today only accepts completed articles. No queries, please.
10. Canoeroots North Americaâ€™s only canoeing and canoe camping magazine.
11. GoNOMAD magazine, inspiration and links to plan your trip
If you’re serious about writing or speaking, you’ll be serious about attending conferences!
Hereâ€™s a list of upcoming writing and/or speaking conferences. Make your plans now to attend at least one conference a year. You wouldnâ€™t expect to get a job without being prepared and qualified, would you? You can be sure your chances of publication increase with your training and experience in writing as well.
1.Â Writers Advance Boot Camp / Asheville Christian Writers Conference: February 19-21, 2016, Asheville, NC (Iâ€™ll see you there!)
2.Â Florida Christian Writers Conference: February 24-28, 2016, Leesburg, FL
3.Â Carolina Christian Writers Conference: March 11-12, 2016, Spartanburg, SC
4.Â Mount Hermon Christian Writers Conference: March 18-22, 2016, Mount Hermon, CA
5.Â Mid-South Christian Writers Conference: March 19, 2016, Colliersville, TN
6.Â American Christian Writers Mentoring Retreats begin in April: Various locations and dates
7.Â Write2Ignite for Writers of Childrenâ€™s Literature: April 1-2, 2016, Tigerville, SC
8.Â Orange County Christian Writers’ Conference: April 15-16, 2016, Fullerton, CA
9. Colorado Christian Writers Conference: May 11-14, 2016, Estes Park, CO
10. Blue Lake Christian Writers Retreat: April 20-23, 2016, Andalusia, AL (This is a NEW conference!)
11. Northwest Christian Writers Renewal: May 13-14, 2016, Redmond, WA
12. Blue Ridge Mountains Christian Writers Conference: May 22-26, 2016, Ridgecrest, NC (Iâ€™ll see you there!)
13. West Texas Writers’ Academy: June 6-10, 2016, Canyon, TX
14. Write to Publish: June 8-11, 2016, Chicago area
15. West Virginia Writers Conference: June 10-12, 2016, Ripley, WV
16. New England Christian Writers Retreat: June 17-19, 2016, Hamilton, MA
17. St. Davidâ€™s Christian Writers Conference: June 22-26, 2016, Grove City, PA
18. Romance Writers of America: July 13-16, 2016, San Diego, CA
19. Taylor University’s Professional Writing Conference: August 5-6, 2016, Upland, IN (This is a brand new conference!)
20. Christian Communicators Conference: August 24-28, 2016 The Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove, Asheville, NC. Registration will open in March. (Iâ€™ll see you there!) Please note: The 2016 conference isn’t uploaded quite yet, but it will be soon! Please don’t register yet. ðŸ™‚
21. Breathe Christian Writers Conference: October 7-8, 2016, Grand Rapids, MI
Well, that’s should keep you busy for a while. Happy writing!