Yep, it’s the 3rd Tuesday, time for some Writing Opportunities selected just for you! (And be sure to read about the cool Writing Opportunities Contest we’re running this week.)
What a special “writing opportunities day” we have today! Here’s the deal: Last year I shared a call-out for a compilation book, Love is Out There: True Stories of Hope for Single Women Over 30,Â by Melissa Williams Pope.
Well, Melissa recently contacted me with the good news that the book is out and one of the ladies who was published in the book says she can’t say for sure, but she might have read the call-out here! Yay, another confirmation that writing opportunities lists can help…as long as you’re willing to do the work!
So we came up with a cool contest. After studying the writing opps below, simply leave a comment sharing which of the listed opportunities you’ll be looking into. Each commenter who notes a specific opportunity will be in the drawing a copy of Love is Out There: True Stories of Hope for Single Women Over 30, donated by Melissa. Be sure to return next week to see if you’re the winner.
Here are some of Melissa’s Insider Tips from the Editor’s Side of the Desk:
- If you’re looking at a Callout and wondering if you should give it a go, the answer is YES.
– Read submission instructions carefully and follow them.
– It’s not always easy, but write bravely, from your heart. Readers are looking to connect and to feel understood. It’s hard for them to do that if you’re hiding.
To find out more about Melissa, visit her website at TheBusyQuill.com. Melissa Williams Pope can’t resist a good love story and seeing dreams come true! Originally from Los Angeles, Melissa holds advanced degrees in pastoral ministry and classical acting, and is a freelance writer, actor, singer and former church staffer. Even though she spent about a decade crisscrossing the globe from Europe to the South Pacific, Mr Right still miraculously found her! She currently gets to enjoy living the newlywed life with him in Auckland, New Zealand.
Now, here’s your new list of opportunities. Which ones interest you?
1.Â DaySpring Cards is always looking for quality material. DaySpring Editorial Guidelines here.
2.Â Chicken Soup has a long list of needs. Varying deadlines posted for each category. Chicken Soup wants stories!
3.Â Just Between Us Christian Women’s Magazine writing guidelines.
4.Â Pennsylvania Magazine wants pieces about Pennsylvania. Click on Downloads for guidelines and instructional pieces.
5.Â Guideposts Magazine may be interested in your story! Be sure to study the magazine and follow the link to writer’s guidelines.
6.Â Writer’s Digest Short Short Story Competition. Open for submissions June, 2015, so gets started working on your story now!
7.Â The LookoutÂ – Several of my friends have written for this magazine!
8.Â Celebrate Life Pro-life Magazine writing guidelines.
9. How to Write for LIVE, take-home quarterly for adults
10. Today’s Pentecostal Evangel is open to freelancers, but most articles are done by assignment. Be sure to follow instructions to increase your chances for publication.
11. Sew News wants articles and project ideas from you.
12. Creation Illustrated Magazine writer’s guidelines here.
13. Living Better at 50+ is running a Mother-Daughter Story Contest for Mother’s Day. Check out details on the LivingBetterat50 Facebook page. Scroll down to find the details in a post dated April 15.
Okay, so that does it for this month’s writing opportunities. I hope you’ll find something of interest here and then post a comment telling us about it and you could win a free book next week from Melissa Williams Pope!
Photo courtesy of Stuart Miles/FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Now it’s time to check out upcoming Conferences to help you take the next step in your writing and speaking!
Don’t miss out–be sure to attend at least one conference every year!
1.Â Orange County Christian Writers Conference:Â April 24-25, 2015, Santa Ana, CA
2.Â Writing Success XXIV: April 25, 2015, Stoneboro, PA
3.Â Colorado Christian Writers Conference: May 13-16, 2015, Estes Park, CO
4. Â WordGirls Writer’s Getaway: May 14-16, 2015, Duncan, SC
5.Â Northwest Christian Writers Renewal: May 15-16, 2015, Redmond, WA
6.Â Blue Ridge Mountains Christian Writers Conference: May 17-21, 2015, Ridgecrest, NC (I’ll be there and would love to see you there!)
7.Â Write To Publish: June 3-6, 2015, Wheaton, IL
8. West Virginia Writers Conference: June 12-14, 2015, Ripley, WV
9. St. David’s Christian Writers’ Conference: June 24-28, 2015, Grove City, PA
10. Kentucky Christian Writers Conference: June 25-27, 2015, Elizabethtown, KY
11. Greater Philly Christian Writers Conference: July 29-August 1, 2015, Langhorne, PA
12. Atlanta’s Christian Writing Conference: August 20-22, 2015, Marietta, GA
13. Christian Communicators Conference: August 26-30, 2015, Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove, Asheville, NC.Â We are currently full, but the waiting list is open. Every year ladies on the waiting list have been able to attend. Maybe this could be your year!Â
14. American Christian Fiction Writers Conference: September 17-20, 2015, Dallas, TX
15. Breathe Christian Writers Conference: October 9-10, 2015, Grand Rapids, MI
Â And who won Rebecca Davis’ book?
Random.org says the winner is Ruth West! Ruth, simply contact me with your snail mail address and your Rebecca will get your book right out to you!
And for those who didn’t win a book, here are direct Amazon links to some of her books:
Thanks for Tweeting!
Don’t forget to leave a comment with a writing opportunity that sounds interesting to you and you could win Melissa Pope’s new book!
Read entire post »