Yes, it’s the 3rd Thursday, so time for writing opportunities selected just for you!
And if you don’t have time to write right now with the holidays, this will give you a head start on submissions for the New Year!
1.Â Blue Ridge Mountain Christian Writers Conference Blog: Director Alton Gansky is looking for guest bloggers from who have attended past conferences. Could that be you? Guidelines here.
2.Â Alive Now Magazine is always looking for writers. Currently looking for pieces on Justice and Peace. Alive Now Guidelines here. Downloadable theme list at bottom of page on right.
3.Â The Writer’s Chronicle, Association of Writers and Writing Programs. Accepts submissions February 1 through August 31 each year, so you have time to do your research and get it in! The Writer’s Chronicle submission guidelines here.
4.Â You & Me: The World’s Medical Magazine: Prefers 1st person stories of dealing with the human aspects of illness. Guidelines here.
5.Â Vibrant Life Magazine: Lifestyle magazine from a Christian perspective. Guidelines here.
6. Stone Soup Magazine accepts works from kids 8-13yo. Talented kids in your family? Submission guidelines here.
7.Â Scholastic Professional Books is open to manuscripts and teaching ideas. Guidelines here.
8.Â Back Home Magazine: Guide to sustainable living. Submission guidelines here.
9.Â Country Woman Country Lifestyle Magazine: Guidelines here.
10. EFCA Today: Evangelical Free Church of Amercia writer’s guidelines.
11. High Country News: For Those Who Care About the West. Guidelines here.
12. Pentecostal Evangel: Submission guidelines here.
13. Photo Life submission guidelines.
14. Outreach Magazine. Magazine to help churches in outreach. Guidelines here.
15. Chicken Soup for the Soul upcoming books. Guidelines here.
16. Bev Nelson, California Mother of the Year, 2012, is collecting stories of inspiration, wisdom, advice and encouragement from mothers about motherhood to be published in an anthology. The original deadline was Nov. 1 but was extended to “the end of December.” Information about what she’s looking for is at http://delmarvawriters.com/app/download/6645523004/Voices+of+American+Mothers.pdfÂ The e-mail address for submission is Mom2Mom12@yahoo.com. The facebook page for American Mothers is https://www.facebook.com/AmericanMothers. (Thanks for sending this along, Jean Davis!)
Well, that should keep you busy for a month or so! A new year is coming. What are YOU going to do for you and your writing?