Yes, I know it’s only Monday. And yes, I know you don’t usually get a Christian Writer’s Den post on Monday. But we’ve just received two awards and I didn’t want to use our usual post days to announce it. So…
Today is officially declared the Christian Writer’s Den Awards Day!
It was hard for me to decide who to nominate for these awards as I pass them on. After all, I have lots of friends who have blogs! But I’ll just state up front, that I decided to focus on the creative arts, the messy Christian life, encouragement for women, and moms. I only wish I could offer an award to all my friends! But please know you’re all appreciated and honored today.
First of all, I am honored for the Christian Writer’s Den to receive the Reader Appreciation Award from Tracy Crump and Marylane Wade Koch, owners of Write Life Workshops.
If you dream of getting published, or want to publish more, Tracy Crump and Marylane Wade Koch can help. Write Life Workshops offersÂ workshops and webinars to assist you in reaching your writing goals.
You can sign up for The Write LifeÂ newsletter to receive a short writing or marketing tip straight to your inbox each month. Guest writersÂ such as Cecil Murphey, James Watkins, and Sally Stuart pop in from time to time to share from their vast store of writing experience.
The Write LifeÂ subscribers also receive available story callouts for anthologies such asÂ Chicken Soup for the Soul, Guidepost anthologies, MOPS books, andÂ The Ultimate Series. Some callouts are not accessible by the general public. The Write LifeÂ is free so sign up today!
It is my privilege to nominate the followingÂ bloggers for TheÂ Reader Appreciation Award:
1. AMOKarts.com: Dave Weiss’ mission is to use his creative gifts to Godâ€™s glory and his neighborâ€™s good. A.M.O.K. is an acronym that stands for Arts Ministry Outreach for the Kingdom. The goal of A.M.O.K. is summed up in their founding verse 1 Peter 4:10: â€śEach one should use whatever gifts he has received to serve othersâ€¦” Dave uses live visual art, video and the Word of God to challenge people to use their gifts to serve the Lord and others. His message will motivate your group to find the things they were created to do and be, individually and corporately, to the glory of God.
2. Vulnerable, Messy, Broken Hallelujah: Laura Kramer writes, “Itâ€™s time you knew the truth about me. This life I live, this journey I walk to love God with my whole heart, sometimes I want to believe it is a love song for Himâ€”a melody of praise. But quite honestly, life is hard. And when I stop to listen in to my own hymn, the one I sing with this life I liveâ€¦
â€¦struggling and wrestling to surrenderâ€¦
My song of praise sounds more like a Vulnerable, Messy, Broken Hallelujah. As hard as I may try my song never rises to the right key. The tune is flat and brokenâ€”just like me.
And yetâ€”He still adores me. He. Really. Does. You? Yes, He adores you too.”
Congratulations, Dave and Laura. I’m happy to share your blogs with my friends!
There are a few guidelines for accepting this award:Â 1. Acknowledge the giver of the award and provide a link to his or her blog site. 2. Copy and paste the award to your blog. 3. Pass the award to up to ten bloggers. 4. Notify your selected bloggers that you have nominated them.
The Second Award for is the Beautiful Blogger Award from Jennifer Mergsberger’s God in the Everyday.
Thank you, Jennifer, nominating The Christian Writer’s Den for the Beautiful Blogger Award. Ladies, you will love Jennifer’s blog. Shame and fear kept her from reaching out to the One who could restore her. Now, her heart is to encourage women to see God in their everyday lives and equip them to know Him more. With a unique point of view and quirky sense of humor, Jennifer is far from â€śnormal.â€ť But God uses her gifts to show how an ordinary life is simply extraordinary!
I’d like to pass this award on to these two blogs specifically for women:
Jamie Britt of Encouraging Women and Jill Hart of Christian Work at Home Moms. Both blogs reach women in different areas of their lives. I know you’re going to love getting to know these two dear ladies!
1. Jamie of Encouraging Women says, “My prayer for this blog is that all who visit will find strength, hope and encouragement for their trials of life. I want women to realize that no matter what you go through in life, there’s still hope. Please don’t give up! Whatever you go through, God has a purpose in it all. You may not see it at the moment, but He will reveal it to you in His perfect time. I can promise you, spending eternity with God will be worth it.”
2. Jill of Christian Work at Home Moms says, “At Christian Work at Home Moms, CWAHM.com, you’ll find resources to uplift you, encourage you, help you find a great work at home career and bring you closer to God!”
Congratulations, Jamie and Jill! I’m happy to share your blogs with my friends!
To receive this award:
1. Copy the Beautiful Blogger Award logo and place it inÂ your post.
2. Thank the person who nominated you and create a link back to their blog.
3. Share the love – Nominate several other bloggers for their own Beautiful Blogger Award.
So there they are–two awards for The Christian Writer’s Den, both in the same week, and four new award winners. Thanks, Tracy, Marylane, and Jennifer for nominating me.
And thank you, dear readers. Without you, The Christian Writer’s Den would be a lonely place!